Monday, July 2, 2018

Summer Time Bliss

Summer is definitely upon us now here in the Wasatch Mountains. We have a plethora of wildflowers blooming everywhere with lots of butterflies fluttering here and there. I finally was able to catch a picture of a Monarch butterfly this weekend. It isn't the best pic since I only had my phone to capture it. But it was nice to finally capture one. Plus the mountain thistle is beginning to bloom. This little guy found a cool spot next to the creek to have a midday snack.


Upon our walk we decided to cross through the meadow and man is that grass tall!! I believe the land owner will bail it soon. I can say that the walk through the meadow had my allergies killing me afterwards, but it was worth it with Rango romping through the tall grass. There were some points when I could not see him at all until he bounced up chasing after I am sure were some field mice.


My roses are blooming so vibrantly right now. I'm sure in another week they will all be gone, but I am enjoying them while they last for now. Top left is of my miniature snap dragon plant.


I was able to relax this weekend and work on a crochet project. I found this old project under my bed. Really?! So I pulled out my Walnut Shawl that I have been working on for years now. Yes, I have been working on this shawl for a couple of years now. I guess it doesn't help that I had misplaced it for so long.


I am done adding the blue since I am completely out of this color way. I have looked all through my stash and cannot believe I do not have another skein. But I do not and now it is time to finish up a few more rows of the walnut color way and begin a simple border. I do have a pretty good bit to weave in as well. I do love the way the blue just pops in this shawl. I hope to have completed project done by end of week and post a full collage of it for you.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it takes a while to finish a project. I have a few that are just waiting for me to come back to them. Sometimes I forget about them. Other times I walk away from them because I need a break. It's always nice though to pick them back up and give it another go. The blue yarn is a pretty color and really does pop. Looks like a nice pattern. Happy Summer!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete