Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Afternoon Walk and Sunset

Rango is a creature of habit and has to have a walk as soon as we get home from work. No matter how hot it is, he must stick to this routine or I have a very sulky husky on my hands. The afternoons are becoming hotter and hotter each day and will only become worst towards middle of summer so I must not complain just yet.


The area is so green and lush. The meadow is high with grass and wild flowers. Soon the land owner will bail it for hay and then Rango can go romping through the meadow unleashed. Right now there are too many rodents that are enjoying the camouflage right now and he goes crazy chasing them and digging. Plus there are irrigation ditches that you just cannot see right now with the grass so high. No need in twisting or breaking an ankle when walking on the road and nearby dirt road are good enough for me. But soon he will have to let us hold off on our walks until the late evening when the temps tend to cool down just a bit.

Caught the sunset the other night. It was so nice out and Rango enjoyed prancing and roaming in the backyard. The little guy in the corner was our neighbor but has now been corralled and shuttled up to higher pastures for the summer.

I am still hooking along on my afghan. I can only work on it late evening once the house has cooled down or in my bedroom with the A/C on full blast. I think I will also pull out one of my smaller projects to work on while lounging in the livingroom during the hotter time of day.

Cheers,
Winnie

1 comment:

  1. We've had a few high 90's days here in NM. I'm glad our two small dogs don't need as much exercise. I tend to crochet less during the summer months. I have a few projects started but I haven't picked them up in a while. I do think the smaller projects are better this time of year. ♥
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete