Sunday, July 15, 2018

Completed Project - Walnut Shawl

I have had this project in the works since 2015. And it isn't that it is a difficult pattern, it is just that life sometimes gets in the way. I was at first going to go with the solid Hazel Walnut color way. I ended up having this great blue color way in the same yarn and just had to add it to this pattern.

The beginnings of this project back in 2015


Adding the pop of blue really began bringing this shawl to life. Then my cat got a hold of my project and messed it up a bit. I cleaned up the unraveling and snags that the cat so proudly worked into my project and then put it away for awhile because I was really mad at this point.

This poor project sat under my bed for a year before I came across it again. I had just enough blue left to add a few more rows.


I finished up the blue and decided to add about 10 more solid rows of the hazel walnut color way before I started cleaning up the edges. I added a couple of single crochet rows to the border. I really wish I had some of the blue left to add a row of stitches as well, but I think it turned out great.



Now on to the next WIP!! I have been working on the last section of my afghan.  Hope to have that one completed this week!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to keep my yarn away from my cat too. They can bite through the yarn really quick. I'm glad you finished it. It looks very pretty and elegant. Love that pop of blue too. It matches your dress form. :) I hope you get to wear it a lot. ♥
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete