Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Completed Project - Couch Throw!!

I am happy to report that I finished the afghan I began in March of this year!! Yes, I finished a project in the same year of beginning it for a change, especially an afghan.

I used the pattern Henry's Blanket by Little Monkey's Crochet aka Yarn & Chai. I added an extra section compared to the pattern. The center accent color, I ended up adding an extra section to make the blanket a throw. The colors are very fall inspired and this throw will be perfect for that time of year.







I can also add that this is a very non-thinking pattern. Once you have the stitches memorized you really do not need to go back and forth to the pattern. I love patterns that are very memorable. I could walk away from this project and go back to it easily without needing to refer back to the pattern. Another big plus in my book. The only portion of the pattern that I really needed to read back over was the last portion of ribbing. This part I had to read over because you are chaining 9 stitches and crocheting back to the last row and slip stitching back into the row to connect the ribbing portion. Other than that, it is a very easy pattern to follow and I am tempted to make a pillow to go with the throw.


1 comment:

  1. I love your selection of colors. What a neat pattern. It looks beautiful! Yes it is very Fallish with those rich golden colors. Good for you that you finished it. It feels good I'm sure. I haven't finished a big project in a long time. I better get busy.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete