Friday, August 30, 2013

FO Friday - Peacock & Oyster Potholder & Dish Cloth

TGIF!! I will have a three day weekend for labor day! I am so needing the extra day this week. It seems as if it has been two weeks in just this one. Probably because of my daughter started back to school this week. Plus they started school on a Monday! So it has been a long week for me.

I completed my potholder this week. It didn't turn out as gorgeous as the one I had pinned from Finding Clarity blog, but I am pleased with it. I just love the colors. They are the added color I needed for my kitchen!

My lighting was not the best today due to rain clouds, but I hope you can see how well it turned out. Two of the pics were taken outside on my newly painted rocking chair. You might remember it from this post. The bottom right picture shows you how the potholder is a perfect size for my large stew pot [and it matches my cookware perfectly ;-)]

I am definitely going to make more of these dish cloths and potholders. I do like the Martha Stewart Cotton Hemp yarn. I also have some Sugar n Cream cotton yarn that I can use. I do believe I will be ordering more of the Martha Stewart from Lion Brand though.

I am again linking up with Tami's Amis this week. Please take a moment and check out other FO Fridays!

Wishing everyone a great weekend. I will be square dancing all weekend...joining all my African Flower Squares, not actually square dancing. LOL!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog today. :)

    Your potholders and dish cloth are gorgeous! I need to learn how to crochet - my grandma tried to teach me so many times when I was younger, but it didn't take. Now, there's lots of times where you crochet along with knitting, so I'm regretting my lack of skill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is pretty. Why have I not thought to make knitted or crocheted pot holders before?! They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects! My favorite is the pot holder.

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminada-alicia/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pot holder is looking pretty, and a great way to stash bust too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and functional too - bonus!!

    ReplyDelete