Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Crafting & Summer Biking

I decided to refurbish an old rocking chair that I have had since before my son's birth. It was in great condition up until we made an across country move. We have had to keep  it on our balcony due to not enough room inside and the winters really did it in. I lightly sanded it and then spray painted it a gorgeous aqua blue. Now I just need to make a cute patchwork cushion for it!!


   
Before & After
 

Very easy to do and I had a lot of fun with my daughter. Now she is claiming the rocker for her bedroom.









Summer biking

The hubby & I decided to do some mountain biking on Sunday. We biked at Park City Mountain Resort. They have so many great biking/hiking trails. We decided to do an uphill only trail that connected at the Mid-mountain trail. Well, uphill meant a 2500 vertical foot climb! I was so ready to throw a bike by the time we crested the top! I hibed (hike pushing bike) most of the uphill because it was so busy on the trail that I would stop and let better bikers pass me. Once I was off I thought why not just do some hibing and take a few pics.

Thistle being harvested by a honey bee

Fallen Spruce tree...love the texture!

Nice stopping spot on the trail...still have 2 more miles of going up at this point!

Armstrong Trail...can you see the vertical climb? It was uphill still at this point.

View of the ski slopes at Park City Mountain Resort.

The merger of Mid-mountain with Armstrong. These guys had biked 8 miles from the Canyons Resort at this point.

Park City..what a beautiful view



Park City was a silver mining town in the late 1800s upto the mid 1980s. There are so many mine shafts all over the mountain and throughout the city. This one is above the Silver Star lift on Park City Mountain Resort.


 

 
 I hope everyone is having a wonderful  summer. I have enjoyed my summer so far, but I am looking so forward to the fall. I love biking these mountain trails in fall because the colors are so vibrant and it is so much cooler!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colour of that chair! It'll look stunning with the cushion, eagerly awaiting more pics :)

    ReplyDelete