Friday, April 18, 2014

Crochet Pillows!!!

Hello everyone and a Happy Friday!!

I have been crocheting away on a few pillows! It's so nice to do quick fun projects that really do add something nice to my home. I try to be that whimsical art loving and making person, but my practicality personality always perseveres. So I made some really cute pillows these past couple of weeks. If you remember, I posted a WIP on making a Diagonal Pillow here. Well I made a couple and love how they turned out. I found the pattern on Red Heart's website under their free patterns. It is by Kathy Wigington called simply "Diagonal Pillow".





Then I decided to do some stash busting and worked up a Ripple Pillow. I had attempted the ripple afghan stitch before but could not remember the exact sequence. So I found a great video tutorial by The Crochet Crowd. I inserted the video below for anyone who is interested in making an afghan or pillow.


 I had seen a really cute ripple blanket and cushion by Lucy at Attic 24 and wanted to do something similar. I wanted some pops of color but also liked the idea of white as the main color. So I made it with alternating stripes of white and a different color until I reached the length of my pillow. The video tutorial instructed to make sections of fourteen stitches until you had reached your idea width. So that is what I did. I liked the idea of my stripes going vertical instead of horizontal. (okay I didn't feel like making long stripes and opted for the shorter way) The shorter way did pay off with my stash busting because I had just enough of one color to do two rows...whew it was a nail biter!!!




I think they all turned out really cute and provided the splash of color I was looking for. Making the smaller projects using new stitch patterns is helping me learn more and have something quick and cute to showcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment