Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Granny Square Scarf

Happy Wednesday!! A few weeks ago I was attempting to work on the sweet eleanor scarf. I had to frog what I had started and start over. I decided to attempt it again when I went on a car trip at the end of June. Well, this pattern takes a lot of counting and that is difficult to do when you are riding in a car with a talkative hubby! So I decided to just go simple and worked on a granny square scarf. I would have completed it during our road trip, but I only took along two balls of yarn! It needs probably another half of ball to complete it. It has sat on my crochet pile for the past couple of weeks and now it is time to finish it up.



I love this yarn. It is Woodlands Tweedstripes by Lion Brand. I love the blue accent color. I will add a couple of buttons at one end so it can become an infinity scarf.

I have also worked on the African Flower afghan by making more squares. I am almost out of the white yarn, so I will need to replenish my stock. Looking at what I have completed, I realize that the color scheme is pretty much blue, sienna, and white. I wasn't planning on a prominent blue look, but I do seem to have a lot of blue yarn in my stash.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Maybe I will have this scarf completed and can post a FO on Friday! Please take a moment and hop over to Tami's Amis blog for many other WIP's!

4 comments:

  1. I've been following your African Flower Afghan, I think it's going to turn out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are lovely! Especially liking the Woodland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Lion Brand's tweed series. I might have to order their Ozark forest color. It is a gorgeous green!

      Delete