Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Enjoying the Flowers!!

 Not many pictures were taken this weekend of the gardens. I cleaned up the front flower bed around the gladiolus and planted what tulip bulbs I had on hand in that area. My gladiolus is thinning out this year. I think this Spring I will need to add some fresh bulbs. I have a lot of small plants growing from the original one, but they are not producing flowers. I think adding at least one bag of bulbs will give it a good refresh.

I am still loving the small beds around the back patio. They are just so whimsical and magical with the sweet alyssum and showy baby's breath. I also just love how the violas peak through all the white and green.

This was early morning and the violas were still sleeping!!

I am just loving this little plant that packs a punch!!

I am looking forward to when these marigolds bloom!!


Another plant that is giving me joy each day is the succulents I planted in the white hanging planters for the arch. They have grown so well!! I do fear that they are receiving too much water from all the rain we have received these past couple of weeks.



Other than watering and maintaining the gardens, not much has gone on. I have been figuring out layouts for the beds for next year. I did get a couple of galvanized raised beds. Keith put them together this weekend. I have to figure out the best and cheapest ways to fill them. I think I will do the no-dig method of filling the bottom with trimmed limbs and then laying cardboard over that. We shall see how it goes. We need to trim the front yard tree that is right by the drive. It has a lot of hanging limbs that need to be cut back. They will definitely fill up the beds. I just have to be mindful not to plant any perennials in the raised beds because the soil level will change when the bottom decomposes.

Speaking of decomposing, Darren and Stacey have either uncovered something dead on their property or had some very stinky compost dropped off behind our place. I cannot even sit outside without wanting to puke from the putrid smell. I will be discussing with her the horrible smell this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment