Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Corner Garden Update!!

 It is mid-August!! We have had a lot of rain these past couple of weeks. My only complaint is that it rains on the weekend. If it would just rain Mon-Wed, I would be a very happy gardener!!

I was able to work on the corner garden some this weekend. I am trying to add some containers and planter stands to really give it that cottage garden vibe. I think it is getting there but it is still a work in progress. Since it is mid-August, you cannot find many vibrant colored plants except for mums in our area. I did buy a couple of yarrow plants that had some variated colors and a chocolate cone flower along with a couple of small mums to place in some clay pot and galvanized planters. I also dug up one of the lime colored sweet potato plants that I had planted in a flower bed to see if it would live. I thought the bright green would add some dimension to the area.

Work in progress for sure, but I am loving how it is beginning to flow.
The petunias were from the whiskey barrel in the side front garden.
They were eaten up with earwicks. Luckily I was able to douse them
in Neem oil and they seem to be thriving once again. My Zinnias
are just busting with color and lots of buds. There is a wild rose
that I will be moving closer to the fence next month. It is right
next to the seating area and it doesn't ever bloom. 

Next season I hope to have a lot more color popping
throughout this corner garden. I probably won't
plant sunflowers again in this area due to the inconsistent
full sun they need and how hard it is to really water the area.

I do have pops of color throughout the flower beds now. I am just enjoying every minute of the gardens. Next year should be awesome especially if all the seeds sprout and develop the way I want them to.



No comments:

Post a Comment