Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Life Update!! Half the year is almost gone!!

Since my last post in March I have been slowly working on my afghan. It is a little over half way complete. I am loving the texture and color of the project. I have been negligent lately though. It has sat in its project bin for the past month and half collecting dust. I plan on pulling it out this week and working on it, but it will have to be during cooler hours of the day. Our Summer has sprung and it is hitting me hard!!



We went back home to South Carolina the last 2 weeks of May and visited with lots of family. My sister and her family came up from Orlando and spent a few days with us at the lake house. It was great seeing everyone, but I am glad to be back home. I am still trying to get back into the swing of things. My desk is slowly seeing the light again.

A few pictures of Downtown Charleston for your viewing:

Love the cobblestone roads in downtown. I can say these cobblestone roads are not the best to drive on when you are pregnant. When I was pregnant with my daughter we went downtown for dinner one evening and I think every road my husband decided to take that evening was on the cobblestone ones. Nearly had an early delivery!! But these are the memories that come back to me when I visit this beautiful city.
One of the many iconic church steeples you come across in Charleston
I love the allies and courtyards you come across while strolling around downtown. This gated courtyard was right off one of the many cemeteries scattered throughout the city. And yes, I love to explore old graveyards and I have a ton of pictures of gravestones that I found to be so beautiful and unique. I will share another time.
The architectural designs and colors of the buildings all throughout downtown are just breathtaking and I could spend hours gazing at all the intricate details on all the buildings and homes. But when you are with a large group you really cannot spend too much time in one spot.
One of the many trees I do miss about living in the South, the Magnolia Tree!! The trees are massive with limbs nearly touching the ground. This particular tree was in a secluded courtyard open to the public. The tree was huge and loaded down with flowers. I was surrounded by so much beauty!!
While away my Peonies bloomed!! They are fuller this year than last year!!

This little guy missed us so much. He is still not back to his normal grumpy self. He is still meowing constantly wanting to be cuddled with which is so not his usual demeanor.
I hope to update my blog more often with nature photos and some actual completed projects soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! Glad to see your back. I was away from my blog for a month. Life gets busy and pulls us away sometimes and that's ok. It happens from time to time. The kitty looks like he missed you. Awe :)
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete