Sunday, March 13, 2016

Spicy Diamond Blanket Progress & Scarves

Hi everyone!! Well I have been working on my diamond blanket for the past couple of days. I have all my orange full diamonds completed and now working on my mustard yellow ones. I am loving how they are working up!!

In the first picture you can actually see the mustard yellow color compared to the other two. I am going to work up all the full diamond ones in each color and then do the half diamond ones and so on and so forth.

You may remember me writing about hooking up a couple of items for my sister prior to her trip to Amsterdam. Well life does get in the way and I didn't complete the scarves in time for her trip but I have a couple of Christmas presents completed in March. Hey you gotta make those lemons into lemonade!!


Love how the cardinal red scarf turned out especially with the added row of buttons. I tried the Lion Brand Scarfie yarn for the blue denim one. My review on this yarn is that it is okay but I don;t think I will work with it again. I don't think the ombre affect really works and I prefer soft yarn for scarfs where this yarn is an acrylic mix that is on the rough side.

I ended up going with my own pattern for the Cardinal Scarf. I just did the Long Crossover Double Crochet stitch in a width I liked and length that I thought worked. The denim ombre scarf is the Estelle Button Cowl pattern by Fiber Flux. I made it into a scarf instead of a cowl.

Until next time everyone take care and stay creative!!

Cheers,

Winnie

2 comments:

  1. Your scarves and cowls are really gorgeous! How nice to have some Christmas gifts finished already. :)

    Making great progress with the blanket; the colors look great together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley! I wish I had got them to her before her trip but I do have a couple items done for Christmas and that makes up for the late completion.

      One thing about working on a large project that is a constant duplicate of the same stitches is that it does become boring, luckily I can spice it up with the many different colors I have chosen.

      Delete