Friday, May 22, 2015

Finished Linen Stitch Cushion!!

It is so nice to finally complete a project for a change!! I am loving how it turned out as well. This project should not have taken me so long to complete, but creativity sometimes takes a backseat. I think the main reason it took longer is the weaving in the ends and deciding on what type of border to do. I really think the right border is essential. It is like the picture frame to your work. :))

Excuse the picture quality, it has been dark and gloomy so no good light to take the pics.


I worked the entire body as one and then connected each end. Then I closed up each of the smaller ends with 2 rows of grey single crochet with an accent of one row of red single crochet. The last row of the border is a picot stitch where I single crocheted into one of the single crochet stitches, chained 3, and single crocheted back into the same single crochet stitch from previous row. I skipped a stitch in between each picot stitch. It matches up so lovely with my chevron blanket that I completed last year.

Now it has found a happy home along side my other crochet items!
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! We have been bombarded with rain for the full month of May and our 3 day weekend is going to be a wet one! Hopefully in between rain showers the husband and I can get some biking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment