Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Randomness and Ramblings

Hello all. I didn't complete any projects during my stay-cation last week. I started off strong on Monday, but just didn't have the patience to count and read a pattern the rest of the week. I also injured my knee during skiing on Thursday. So the rest of my week was pretty much icing and elevating my knee.

I did take a couple of pics while skiing and enjoyed the days I could get out and play.

Gorgeous Pine run at the Canyons.

Skiing through the Pines and enjoying the freshly falling snow!
Gorgeous view in the Pines, but with some large bumps to maneuver around.
Enjoyed a quick break taking in the fresh air and beautiful view.

The run that took out my knee!! This picture was day before. The day of my injury the bumps were double in size and icy.
I'm hoping for just a strained knee and not a torn ACL, but I did hear a pop. Which really stinks since my DD is scheduled for a meniscus repair next month. Definitely not good timing to get an injury myself!!

On a cooler note, my DS had his swearing in ceremony for the Air Force this past Saturday!! They had a really great ceremony at the Maverick Center during the Grizzlies' hockey game. I am so very proud of my son for choosing to serve his country. He will be the fourth generation on my husband's side of the family to serve in the Air Force and the second generation on my side. They prep their recruits now prior to shipping off to basic training. My DS meets with his recruiter once a month and they do physical drills, tour the base, and even give them a day with a TI. I think that is great way of weeding out recruits that are just not ready for such a huge commitment. I remember so many fellow airmen that washed out within the first week of basic.

I did start on a cute mug rug. I am using the pattern by Wink on Tutsplus.com. I will finish the mug rug today and begin the cute mug cozy. The following pic is from Tutsplus.com and what she made. Mine of course is a different color pallet. I will post finish project pics later this week!!

Picture courtesy of Wink's on Tutsplus.com
Enjoy the rest of your week!! I hope to post a FO this Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment