Friday, March 7, 2014

Dancing in Daisies Pillow

Hello all and a Happy Friday!! If you stopped by last week you read how I completed my Dancing in Daisies Blanket! Well, after completing it I had four extra daisies remaining. I decided to whip up a quick pillow with the left overs! I completely went off the cuff and figured it out as I went.

The front of pillow consist of 4 daisy squares. I kept the look of the flat braid join to match the blanket and joined them with this technique. I then did a half double crochet (hdc) stitch border in the honey and single crochet (sc) stitch in the medium blue. 




For the backside of the pillow I went with a traditional granny square with the hdc and sc stitches as the border. I also made a filler pillow out of a cream colored cotton fabric. I joined the two sides with the medium blue in two rows of single crochet.


I am very pleased with the end result!! This was a quick and easy project! I now have the pillow bug and will have to make more! One blogger that makes wonderful pillows is Lucy at Attic 24. She just completed some really colorful and bright cushions

I do love my earth tones and blues, but I am in need of some bright Spring colors. Time to check out my stash and see what bright colors I have...might need to go on a yarn shopping trip. ;-)

Everyone have a great weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Those colors look great together. Great way to use up your leftover squares and it completes the blanket perfectly. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really clever - I like the twisty stitch between the squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Now you have a pillow and a blankie when nap time rolls around ;) Careful though, pillows can be addictive and before you know it, you feel like you're living in the maharajah's tent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice... I love what and how you did this.... with love Janice..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the sweet comments! I really enjoyed this project and will be making more!! :-)

    ReplyDelete