Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Simply Soft & African Flower Afghans

I cannot believe it is already Wednesday! April is over and now it's time for May flowers! I had a nice long bike ride this weekend and came across some blooming daffodils! Of course I did not have my camera with me, so no pics of the daffodils today. I will be sure to snap a pic this coming weekend and share next week. Maybe Spring will sprout soon around the Wasatch. The wildflowers here are just gorgeous once they begin to bloom, it just takes awhile because of our crazy cold fronts that want to blast us in April and May. Okay enough about Spring flowers....

I have completed the blocking of my Simply Soft DROPS Design 124-1 afghan blocks.




I laid out my additional blocks around the one I had already joined ...I just do not like the layout and have decided to take them apart and join differently. I really want to complete this project and mark it off my list. I have loved the pattern. I am just ready to work on the border! Plus I plan on giving this one to my sister when she visits in June.


My African Flower Afghan squares are turning out so lovely. This will be a long-term project because I want this to be more of a blanket. So lots of squares to make!!







Along with these WIPs and my quilt WIPs, I have a lot of projects to complete. Which makes a dilemma for me when I want to so badly begin this Daisy Blanket. How many of you find yourselves in the same dilemma? Please share with me how many WIPs you are currently working on. Link your projects if you have a blog so I can share in your creative works.

Take a moment to hop over to Tami's Amis and Other Creations: WIPW and check out all the other creative crocheters and knitters! Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

  1. Hopping over from Tami's, love the squares and I'm not sure how you are resisting that Daisy Blanket, its so pretty. I gave in this week to new projects instead of finishing wip's lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..it is taking all my will power not to begin the Daisy Blanket.

      Delete
  2. I'm a crochet newbie so I'm blown away by your projects. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I want to learn how to knit but it seems so daunting.

      Delete
  3. My WIP count is approaching truly horrific proportions, I've got 5 things currently on the go and am swatching for 3 more. 5 of these are adult size tops, too!

    The colours in those african flower squares are really gorgeous, I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle!! You do have a lot of WIPs going on. Hope they become FOs soon for you!! :)

      Delete