Monday, May 23, 2022

Cold Front and Trying to Keep my Seedlings Alive

 So we have a horrible cold snap happening. I just looked out my office window, and it is snowing!!

With little sun today, I am afraid that my greenhouse will not heat up enough throughout the day to generate good heat for overnight. The temps will be in the 20s. I have a ceramic electric heater that we used under our camper this winter to keep the pipes warm and the ground from freezing too much. I think I will be running an extension cord out to the greenhouse and running the small ceramic heater tonight.

We have an extension cord that has our patio string lights attached to it and I will just unplug the string lights and plug in my heater instead. It isn't like we will be hanging out on the patio tonight!!

I was able to get my electric heater in place before the temps dropped too much. The greenhouse was nice and toasty the next morning even though it was frosty and around 20 degrees outside.


The sun came out later that morning and warmed everything up. I still had to use the heater all weekend. I even need it again tonight, but I think after tonight I won't need it anymore.

We worked on cleaning up the backyard more and Keith set up a sun sail for us to use throughout the summer. It is easy to put up and takedown. The winds can get pretty hefty some days, so we will only put it up when we are outside.


I have a few more flower beds to clean in the backyard and then I move on to the front yard flower beds. They are not half as bad as the backyard ones. I think by mid-week I can sow some sunflower, shasta daisy, and wildflower seeds around the back patio and in the far corner flower bed. I am looking forward to morning coffee surrounded by a meadow of wildflowers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment