Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cookies & Stockings

It has been a busy week! We received some much needed snow and are expecting even more in the next few days. We will definitely have a white Christmas in the Wasatch Mountains!! One thing about living so far away from family is sending the nieces and nephews their Christmas presents and goodies. It takes close to 7 days for a shipment from me to them to arrive so that means I have to begin Christmas shopping and baking early. That is what I have been up to this week, baking cookies for all the kiddos!

Decided to go with the Ugly Christmas Sweater theme this year since the kids are becoming older. I must say next year they might just receive kits to do themselves! A lot of work went into these since I had to prepare them to ship. It was worth the time and effort though.
I'm definitely no Martha Stewart, but my daughter and I gave it our all. 
I also had to make a few batches of cookies for the adults as well. I also sent some to my son who cannot come home for the holidays this year. He is busy doing his duty for our country in the Air Force and I could not be more proud and understanding.
The Top Hat is resting on top of our Christmas tree and the stockings have all been hung. I can now relax until Christmas dinner and enjoy some egg nog and Christmas music.

I know it is a little early, but to everyone have a Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment