Thursday, March 1, 2018

Life Update!!

My poor blog has been so neglected!! Yet it isn't the only thing that has been neglected. I have not touched my crochet hooks in months!!! I have been in such a non-creative mood lately. But the other week I was cleaning out my spare bedroom in order to make it my office/yarn room. In the process of moving all my yarn stash into the bedroom I came across about 4 boxes from craftsy of yarn I had yet to spin into balls, plus some that were just regular skeins and I had forgotten I had ordered them.

No idea why I ordered these, but I'm sure they will work into something lovely. It could have been yarn brands I have never used and since they were at such a good sales price I decided to grab a couple to test them out.

This box of colorful joy was a Christmas gift from my husband. I plan on working up an afghan with these. I think it will be a gorgeous color accent to my living room!! I'm still researching what pattern I would like to use, but I am thinking something with some cool texture stitches.

So I have plenty of extra yarn added to my stash from just the two boxes I uncovered. Then I came across a few more boxes full of hanks that needed to be spun into workable skeins.

I found about 4 hanks of the pumpkin spice color needed to finish up a cowl plus just odd ones that I guess again were from me wanting to test if I like a certain brand that was at too good of a sales price to pass up.

It took almost 2 hours to make all those hanks into workable balls of yarn!!



I still have a lot of organizing and setting up my spare bedroom. I had to put it on hold because my sister and her husband are coming out next week and I needed to keep the bed up for them. After they are gone I will be rearranging everything and probably will need to buy some shelving units. 

On another note, I do have a CAL I will be doing beginning on the 13th! It is a CAL coordinated by Rebecca from Little Monkey's Crochet. I so do love her patterns. This CAL will be a cute beach bag called The Mailia Shoulder Bag. I have chosen tangerine and white as my colors and I am so excited to work this bag up!! The last bag CAL I did was with Rebecca a few years bag when I worked up the Wildflower Bag!! So I know her instructions are so easy to follow and she is so helpful. I will post the finish product once complete!!

courtesy of Rebecca of Little Monkey's Crochet









2 comments:

  1. How fun to discover all that yarn hidden away. Life kind of takes over sometimes and the more important things take priority. It's nice to see you back though.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beca! Shamelessly, I ordered a few more hanks of yarn yesterday! But they were on sale and again are brands I have never used. But this will be my last purchase for awhile. I have way too many WIPs that I need to conquer.

      Delete