Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Caron Simply Soft Diagonal Pillow - WIP Wednesday

I have the pillow fever once again!! I am in the process of hooking up a diagonal shell stitch pillow out of Caron Simply Soft yarn. I had some off white and bone/beige skeins of Caron Simply Soft on hand. I am using the Red Heart free pattern "Diagonal Pillow" by Kathy Wigington. It is a fairly easy pattern once you figure out the first three rows. The second row was so very confusing when I first read it. I almost decided against this pattern, but then googled for a video tutorial on how to stitch the diagonal shell stitch. I was so lucky to find a YouTube video by jifrpreston called simply "Diagonal Shell Tutorial". It is a very good video. My pillow will be slightly larger than the Red Heart pattern because of using the different type of yarn. So mine will be 16" x 16".



It is turning out very nice and I am looking forward to completing it today!! Take a moment and check out other WIPs over at Tami's blog!!


No comments:

Post a Comment